Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Launch Night

The Listening Room gig was fantastic. It was a thrill to open for Amy Speace and Jagoda who put on a great show. I played a bunch of new tunes plus an Aretha Franklin cover with the help of Carey and Robin, my back-up divas.

I also launched the pre-sale and made about $200. That will buy (approximately) the recording time for one song. Woo hoo! Thank you to everyone who bought a CD. Thank you to everyone who bought two! Thank you to everyone who bought a CD and then threw in a little extra cash!

It's a long road ahead, though. Recording costs alone will be $2000+. This does not include manufacturing the discs, artwork or mastering--so every pre-sale counts! Either tonight or tomorrow I will send out a note on facebook, myspace and email with a link to this blog and launch my on-line sales. I'm excited to see what happens!

Love,
Emily

No comments: