Saturday, January 31, 2009

Awe-Overload

As I type, Tom is recording the bass part for Ohio. We have been working like maniacs with amazing results. My brain simply cannot sustain a permanent state of awe, but if it could, it would. I couldn't be happier with how this is going.

We play the basic guitar track to which Tom programs the drums and then he says, "Okay, bass." And then he records the bass. "What next?" he asks. "Manolin?" I say. And so it goes. Once we have all the parts we want, Tom mixes it a bit and then I sing the final vocal track. This process takes a couple of hours for every song.

We are working our way alphabetically through the song list. We did four yesterday. We're on number four today and will do one more.

Exciting development: Tom will send tracks to Peter Lainson so Robin can record harmony vocals at Peter's house in Hastings. We'll send them back to Tom and Robin will be on my CD! Hooray for the internet!

That's all for now. There is work to be done!

No comments: