Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dunbar Does Dallas

I am sitting at work which is a windowless basement. Even thought I can't SEE it, I know the snow is falling. I know that last night Oklahoma and norhtern Texas got creamed. And as soon as I'm done with my final presentation for my January-Term class I'm driving south through Kansas and OK to Dallas. I'm a little bit worried.

This is the start of my big adventure and the weather is really putting a damper on things.

I'm not crazy, though. I'll see how far I can get and if the roads are bad I'll find a Super 8. And I decided to drive the Odyssey and not the Fit (sorry, Environment!) for the sake of safety and handling in snow.

I will update throughout the week so you can see how it's going. I'm super excited!

In the meantime, here is a song I wrote with the accompanying iMovie. It was project for my Instructional Tools class. If you are a teacher and think this might be helpful to you, please use it. If you just think it is fun and would like to pass it on, feel free.

1 comment:

j said...

Well done, Beautiful Dunbars! Emily, you drive safely...no craziness out there. No whammies!