Thursday, January 29, 2009

The roads were as bad as supposed. I got to Oklahoma City and had to call it quits. I got a room at a semi-dodgey Super 8, had dinner at 10 pm at the Denny's next door (I was the only customer), got up and had breakfast at Denny's at 10 am, and then got on the road. The first hour of travel was horrible. I could have waited an hour and still got to Dallas in the same amount of time. But around 12:30 the roads cleared and it was smooth sailing to Dallas.

Tom & I got started right away. He opened up a file in Pro Tools (the computer/recording program) for each song we will record. We then recorded the guitar part and scratch vocals for three songs. We'll do that for everything, then come back and add parts (bass, lead guitar, accordion, etc) and then re-record the vocals with all the parts. I have been practicing with a metronome. When I record, I have not just a click-track in my ear, but a drum loop, which makes it much easier.

After the three songs, we went out to dinner. $2 margarita night at Desparado's. Nice. We left it up in the air if we would work again afterwards...but after my travel nightmare and two margaritas I thought I should go to bed! There's a futon in the studio (formerly a garage), and no windows--it's like a tomb. I slept like a rock and am ready to go this morning.

I'll try and take some pictures today to post.

Love to all!

1 comment:

Steven Lincoln said...

Love the update . . . if I can't live it myself, then at least I can live it through you. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!